口译培训

初级口译英汉常用语句(20)

<< 返回考试心得 2012-12-17来源:口译
第二十课 1. Mary and I are looking forward very much to the party. 玛丽和我热切盼望晚会的举行。

第二十课

1. Mary and I are looking forward very much to the party.

玛丽和我热切盼望晚会的举行。

2. I don't suppose you have much time.

我想你不会有很多时间。

3. I think we may learn much from it.

我想我们能从中学到许多。

4. Rain turns dust into mud.

雨把尘土变成了软泥。

5. There have been several murders this year.

今年发生了好几起谋杀案。

6. That famous politician was murdered last year.

那位著名的政治家去年被谋杀了。

7. Men have been making music for thousands of years.

人类创作音乐已有数千年历史。

8. In England traffic must keep to the left.

在英国,车辆必须靠左行驶。

9. My job is teaching English.

我的职业是教英语。

10. I told myself to calm down.

我告诫自己要冷静下来。

11. What's the name of the river?

这条河叫什么名字?

12. He is an artist of great name.

他是个大名鼎鼎的艺术家。

13. She was named after her grandmother.

她是根据她祖母的名字命名的。

14. The gate is too narrow for a car.

大门太窄,汽车进不去。

15. They planed to narrow the gap between imports and exports.

他们计划缩小进出口的差额。

16. Australia is an English speaking nation.

澳大利亚是一个讲英语的国家。

17. Our newspaper is a national newspaper.

我们的报纸是全国性的报纸。

18. The national news comes after the international news.

国内新闻在国际新闻之后报道。

19. Foreign nationals were asked to leave the country.

外国侨民被要求离开该国。

20. My native language is Chinese.

我的母语是汉语。

21. He is a Beijing native.

他是土生土长的北京人。

22. It's quite natural that you should succeed.

你的成功是很自然的事情。

23. I prefer to see animals living in their natural state.

我宁愿看处于野生状态的动物。

24. Nature is at its best in spring.

春天里万物欣欣向荣。

25. It's her nature to be generous.

慷慨大方是她的天性。

26. Can you tell me the nearest way to the railway station?

你能告诉我去火车站最近的路吗?

27. He is near forty.

他年近四十。

28. Is it necessary for me to attend the meeting?

我真的必须参加这个会议吗?

29. The necessary outcome of a war is a fall in production.

战争带来的必然结果就是生产力下降。

30. The fans of the actress craned their necks to catch a glimpse of their idol.

那位女演员的崇拜者们伸长了脖子想看一看他们崇拜的偶像。

31. If I need you to come and help I'll call.

如果我需要你来帮忙,我会打电话的。

32. You needn't talk so loud.

你说话的声音用不着那么大。

33. The doctor told me I was in need of a good rest.

医生对我说,我需要好好休息。

34. The road looks beautiful covered by golden pine needles.

这条路上铺满了金黄色的松针,看上去美极了。

35. Britain's nearest neighbor is France.

英国最近的邻居是法国。

36. Neither chair is comfortable.

两把椅子坐起来都不舒服。

37. Neither of my sisters drinks coffee.

我的两个姐妹都不喝咖啡。

38. He hasn't got a ticket and neither have I.

他没有票,我也没有。

39. The swallows nested under the eaves.

燕子在屋檐下筑巢。

40. The bird is building a nest of straw and twigs.

这只鸟在用稻草和小树枝筑巢。

41. They netted the fruit trees to protect them from birds.

他们用网覆盖住果树以使其免遭鸟害。

42. This area has not been covered by the communication net.

这个地区还不在通讯网的覆盖之内。

43. The net weight of this jar of coffee is 180 grams.

这瓶咖啡净重180克。

44. I will never forget your kindness.

我永远忘不了你的好意。

45. We never flinch from difficulties.

在困难面前我们决不退缩。

46. They sell new and used furniture.

他们出售新旧家具。

47. She is new to this country.

她对这个国家还不熟悉。

48. Have you read the news about the election?

你看了关于选举的新闻了吗?

49. I haven't heard any news from my son lately.

我最近没听到我儿子的任何音讯。

50. I heard it on the 7 o'clock news.

我在七点钟的新闻报道中听到了这则消息。

51. We have subscribed to an evening newspaper.

我们已经订阅了一份晚报。

52. I learned this piece of news from the newspaper this morning.

我是今天早晨从报纸上知道这条消息的。

53. If I miss this train I'll catch the next one.

如果我错过了这班火车,就赶乘下一班。

54. What will you do next?

接下来你要干什么?

55. May I bring my chair next to yours?

我可以把我的椅子移到你的旁边吗?

56. How nice of you to do that!

你那样做真是太好了!

57. Night began to fall.

夜幕降临。

58. He has no money.

他没有钱。

59. No smoking.

禁止吸烟。

60. He is a man of noble birth.

他出身贵族。

61. It's very noble of you to look after my old grandmother when I was out for business.

你心地真好,在我出差期间照顾我年迈的外婆。

62. I've called but nobody answered.

我打过电话了,但是没有人接。

63. He wants to be famous---he is tired of being nobody.

他想出名,无名小卒他当腻了。

64. She nodded when she passed me in the street.

她在街上走过我身旁时向我点了点头。

65. He nodded in agreement with me.

他点头表示同意我的意见。

66. She greeted us with a nod of the head.

她向我们点点头打招呼。

67. There is so much noise in this restaurant; I can hardly hear you talking.

这个餐厅里太嘈杂了,我几乎听不到你说话。

68. There must be something wrong with the engine; it's making funny noises.

引擎一定是出了故障,发出一种奇怪的杂音。

69. None of the money is mine.

这些钱中没有一文是我的。

70. My car is none the worse for the accident.

我的汽车遇到事故,但毫无损坏。

71. He can neither read nor write.

他既不会读也不会写。

72. China lies to the north of Vietnam.

中国位于越南的北面。

73. In the northern hemisphere, spring is in March and April.

在北半球,春季是三月和四月。

74. Many dogs have a good nose.

多数狗嗅觉都很灵。

75. They will not agree.

他们不会同意。

76. We are not teachers.

我们不是老师。

77. Not everyone likes this book.

并不是每个人都喜欢这本书。

78. Are there any explanatory notes at the back of the book?

书后面有注解吗?

79. Let me note down your address and telephone number.

让我记下你的地址和电话号码。

80. I failed to note that he had left.

我没有注意到他已经走了。

81. Nothing ever happens in this town.

这小镇上什么事也没发生过。

82. It has nothing to do with you.

这与你无关。

83. Did you notice anything peculiar?

你注意到有什么异常的事吗?

84. Her appearance attracted my notice.

她的外表引起了我的注意。

85. This office will open in November.

这个事务所将在十一月开业。

86. He is writing a letter now.

他现在正在写信。

87. He was at home just now.

他刚才在家。

88. The students of our department numbered in the hundreds.

我们系的学生总共有几百人。

89. My daughter is a nurse.

我女儿是一名护士。

90. She spends her spare time nursing her old mother.

她的业余时间都花在照顾她年老的母亲上。

91. Cashew nuts and walnuts are both nuts.

腰果和核桃都是坚果。

92. I am a Clark Gable nut: I have seen all his films.

我是克拉克·盖博的影迷,我看过他演的所有影片。

93. It's eleven o'clock now.

现在是十一点钟。

94. The door is made of oak.

这门是橡木做的。



(责任编辑:doublejp)